FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Kenneth Pettigrew
SUMMER YOUTH EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL MAY 20, 2019
Monday, May 13, 2019 — Today the Winston-Salem Urban League announced an extension of the deadline for applications for the Summer Youth Employment Program. Youth, 15-19, who are interested in applying, and meet the income requirements, have until Monday, May 20, 2019 to complete their applications.
Click hereto apply now.
Potential participants must complete the online application in its entirety and provide the following documentation:
- Copy of your passport, photo identification, or school ID with photo
- Copy of your social security card or birth certificate
- Copy of your most recent report card from the current school year
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a . non-family member, typed, signed, and dated.
- Copy of your or your guardian’s 2018 federal tax forms, copies of pay stubs from the last 3 months, or an income attestation form from the Winston-Salem Urban League
If applicants require assistance with completing the application, please visit the Winston-Salem Urban League offices at 201 W. Fifth St in downtown Winston-Salem, email email@example.com, or reach us by phone at 336-717-1223. We welccome applicants and their families to utilize our Employment Lab to complete applications and to upload documents.
Please note that this application process is preliminary, as the Winston-Salem Urban League has not received notification of this year’s program funding decision.
More about the Winston-Salem Urban League
The Winston-Salem Urban League is a near 70 plus, year-old civil rights organization that empowers and advocated for African Americans and other disenfranchised communities and promotes socioeconomic progress and parity through education, training, and civic engagement.