Here’s how YOU can push back against the effort to silence black voters in Winston-Salem.
Center for Social Justice and Civil Rights, Guild, Media, Members, News, Policy, Young Professionals
April 4, 2019
- Sign the Color of Change petition calling for the withdrawal of HB 519. Click here to sign-up!
- Email Representatives Lambeth and Conrad and tell them you oppose HB519. Click here to email Rep. Lambeth. Click here to email Rep. Conrad.
- Attend our Colors of Crisis Forum on Monday, April 8, 2019 at 7 pm at First Baptist Church located at 700 Highland Ave. Click here to RSVP.
- Submit a letter to the editor of the Winston-Salem Journal and the Winston-Salem Chronicle. Click here for the Journal letter to the editor page. Click here for the Chronicle letter to the editor page.
Want to learn more about HB519? Here are a few helpful links:
- A copy of HB519
- The Winston-Salem Journal’s 3/29/19 article about HB 519.
- The Joint NAACP/Urban League news release calling for withdrawal of HB519.
- The Winston-Salem Journal’s 4/2/19 article about HB 519.
- The WFDD 88.5 4/3/19 radio report on HB519.
- The Winston-Salem Chronicle’s 4/4/19 article about HB 519.