Colors of Crisis Forum – Exploring Voter Disenfranchisement
The Colors of Crisis Forum will explore the warning signs of disenfranchisement in Forsyth County. In particular, the forum will tackle the following controversial, recently filed bills: HB 490, HB 518 and HB 519.
Revered Paul Ford of First Baptist Church will serve as forum moderator. Generally, questions will be submitted on note cards.
This event is an opportunity for the community to organize and protect voting rights in African-American and Latino communities.
Invited guests include:
- Senator Paul Lowe
- Representative Derwin Montgomery
- Representative Evelyn Terry
- Mayor Allen Joines
- All City Council Members
- All County Commissioners
- All School Board Members
- All members of the NCAE
This event is sponsored by:
- Democracy Now;
- First Baptist Church on Highland Ave;
- Forsyth County Democratic Party;
- Minister’s Conference of Winston-Salem and Vicinity;
- The NC Education Association;
- The Winston-Salem Chapter of the NAACP; and
- Winston-Salem Urban League.
When: 7:00 pm, Mon, April 8, 2019
Where: First Baptist Church, 700 North Highland Avenue. Winston-Salem, NC 27101