Job Opening: NETT Computer Coach
Forsyth County Public Library Computer Training Bridge in collaboration with Neighborhood Empowerment Thru Technology (NETT) partners
General Statement of Duties
The Computer Coach will develop online training material and train residents in the NETT program on various software programs, online resources, and mobile devices.
Computer Training Bridge is a cooperative library outreach program focusing on the expansion and addition of educational opportunities for those in our community who need basic, high-quality computer literacy training, specifically the underserved citizens. So they have an improved, productive quality of life as they adjust to living in an electronic, networked, and computer-based society.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides training in a group setting or on an individual basis on a variety of software programs and on personal computers.
- Makes copies of training packets and prepares classroom and equipment for the training session.
- Provides assistance to NETT residents and partners who have specific problems with software program or training issues.
- Maintains training records on NETT residents attending classes.
- Performs related work as required.
- Work 40 hours per week with one night a week and occasional Saturdays
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to support and train computers, applications, and mobile devices
- Considerable knowledge of Microsoft software and applications
- Ability to effectively share your knowledge with students who are computer illiterate or have marginal computer/internet skills
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other NETT partners
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to use the Library catalog system and online resources
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs occasionally
Minimum Education and Experience
Graduation from high school or GED and two years computer experience. Requires one year of experience in the preparation of training materials and assisting with the coordination of various training courses. Prefer experience in conducting classroom training sessions and help desk experience in troubleshooting basic end user software issues. A higher education level may be considered as a substitution for all or part of the experience requirement. Bilingual ability in Spanish/English is preferred but not required.
- Various Library’s locations and NETT labs
To apply, please submit resume to email@example.com
*if you submmited an application before 4/13/2017, please resubmit by emailing your resume to the above address