The Director of the Summer Youth Employment Program leads the Winston-Salem Urban League’s flagship teen workforce development program. The position oversees the creation and execution of daily and weekly programming needs, ensures compliance with all grant requirements, ensures alignment with state and federal employment practices, and is the public face of the program to engage youth and community stakeholders.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
- Coordinate and lead the application of and selection process of program participants.
- Develop and execute orientation and training programs for selected host sites and program participants.
- Develop a seven-week personal and professional development program in partnership with local agencies and stakeholders in areas of concern for teen development: professionalism, interviewing skills, resume building, financial literacy, social and emotional learning, mental health, civic engagement, post-secondary education, career exploration, social media platforming/networking, or other appropriate topics.
- Provide supervision, mentorship, and oversight to a team of interns assigned to the SYEP.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of attendance and participation for all enrolled participants.
- Oversee, in partnership with the COO, the maintenance of SYEP participant records in preparation for program reporting and auditing.
- Prepare weekly and daily communications with host sites and participants via email or other methods of communication.
- Perform regular audits of the timekeeping system to prepare the participant hours for payroll.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
- Experience in team leadership, training, and development preferred
- Experience in program management and reporting
- Strong networking skills and the ability to engage stakeholders from varied backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to use and present data
For questions contact Kenneth Pettigrew, COO, at email@example.com